Today's thingamagic

When you stumble upon something life changing...


I remember seeing this picture of an emaciated child, making his way to a food camp in Sudan, while a vulture watches in the background, waiting... in the newspapers some years back and reading the story of the photographer, Kevin Carter who won the Pullitzer for this shot and commited suicide shortly after because he couldn't live with the atrocities he had seen Sudan, I was so disturbed that I couldn't sleep or think of anything else for some weeks after. The images that affected the world so can be found here.

2 comments:

mythsn_legends said...

This picture never fails to stir an emotion within me....hard to believe that all this is still happening on that side of the world.... :(

K said...

I know what you mean...reminds us to be grateful and inspires us to help...